Week 3 Edition
We missed week 2 in this series, but we just didn’t really like anything for Junk Time potential. We also changed the name of the series going forward. We are still perfecting things on the site, so thanks for bearing with us!
The following players are sure to either wreck or make your bets and win or lose your fantasy games for you if you choose to play them. There are probably better options, but Junk Time is always a good time!
- Deshaun Watson – this one should get ugly quick, giving Watson plenty of opportunity to both pass and run for his life!
- Josh McCown – He did it last week with 8 minutes left in the game and down 29 points to Oakland, and actually turned in a 20+ point day. Don’t be surprised if it happens again against the ‘Fins.
- Blake Bortles – Bortles will pretty much be a permanent resident in this article. He is really good when he has already lost the game for his team! Baltimore will be up in the 4th quarter, so he will be throwing it around.
- Shane Vereen – the Giants flat out suck and will be behind late. Vereen is the only guy in this backfield to show us anything, and it’s all been in the passing game. He could catch 5+ balls in the back half of the 4th qtr
- D’Onta Foreman – Foreman is also one of our deep sleepers. The Texans will be out of this one in the 4th quarter, and could choose to rest Miller, giving Foreman a similar showing to Peyton Barber for the Bucs last week (10+ touches for 40-50 yards). This is a total flyer, but if he can get a late score, he will be the Junk Time Dime of the week.
- Jermaine Kearse – He is McCown’s go to guy and will be the Junk Time beneficiary to McCown’s Junk time score. He could also be a sneaky GPP play due to volume.
- Kendall Wright – He was peppered with targets last week, and he dropped a lot of them. We expect this game to be closer than most think, and he will have opportunities late. Let’s hope he uses some extra stick’em in week 3.
- Charles Clay – The Broncos aren’t great against TE and Clay can get it done when he actually tries (which isn’t often). Bills will be throwing late and Tyrod will be a “Check Down Charlie” to Clay.
- Tyler Kroft – With Eifert out, Kroft gets the nod. The Bungals OL has been bad, and Dalton will have to throw to his TE to control the Packers late game blitz package.